Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 1

I have been involved with technology for 15yrs. It may appear that I am biased with regards to using technology in the classroom. It is my opinion that technology when used properly, can complement the learning process. I have a undergraduate degree in both computer science and mathematics. I have had the opportunity to witness applications for various purposes evolve over the years. I vehemently believe that technology integrated in the classroom is essential for most if not all learning environments.

The most recent advances in technology have made it more palatable and simple to use. Technology plays an integral role in classrooms today. Smart boards, projectors, computers, and calculators are useful tools. Most textbook companies now incorporate material for use with technology. One example, is how some mathematics textbooks illustrate the use of calculators and applications. They also include on-line textbook material, such as additional exercises for supplementing the content as well as computer aided practice test.

It is my goal to familiarize myself with understanding the intricacies of using technology as it continues to evolve. I think technology is essential for any educational environment today.

6 comments:

  1. I have taken classes that have utilized a textbook with materials for use with technology. I can definitely say that it was helpful. I agree that technology is essential for any educational environment today. I plan to integrate technology into my music classes, and have done so already with my limited teaching experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your experience. This course will expose you to web-based technology that does not rely on hardware which most schools, due to resources, are not able to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to gain some knowledge from your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our views parallel on technology. I think that today's students are extremely savvy in technology - Facebook, Twitter, Video Games (Playstation, XBOX), Computers). Why shy them away from the things they know best? It would be in the best interest of their education to try and use such programs to better their learning. Creativity in these areas could raise some interest in the education sector. Although technology is a "work-in-progress" I feel that the surface has yet to be scratched in terms of integrating into the classroom. I look forward to using you as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree that technology is necessary in today's classrooms (when they are used properly). I hope that together we can all help each other to find ways to integrate that technology into our classrooms in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested to learn more about how technology and the learning of technology has changed over the years. Because you have experience mastering different technologies over a substantial period of time, I am curious as to how that journey has been. Has it gotten more difficult to remain technologically literate as the rate of technological advancement has increased exponentially over the years?

    ReplyDelete